A house easily can catch on fire from the misusing of heating equipment and appliances to smoking inside bedrooms. In the hot summertime, temperatures may rise past 104°F and paired with a dry climate, conditions are perfect for fires to break out. But, you may take steps to avoid a fire in your home, as well as ensure your family’s safety. Here are a few of the most typical causes of home fires, and some ideas to take measures.
Pans and pots may overheat and easily lead to a fire if the individual preparing food becomes distracted and accidentally leaves food unattended. Always remain inside the room, or request that somebody watch the food while cooking on the stove.
Keep all portable heaters at the minimum of 3 feet away from all things which easily could catch on fire like clothes, laundry, curtains, furniture, or even you! If there’s a furnace, make sure you have it inspected one time per year to ensure that it’s working to the highest of safety standards.
Smoking inside bedrooms
When smoking, a bedroom is better to be kept off limits. One cigarette which isn’t properly put out may produce a flame, as the cigarette butt might remain lit for a couple of hours. It might burst into flames if touched with a flammable material, like furniture. Here’s a fact: fires that are started inside the bedroom comprise 73% percent of all home fire deaths.
Electrical appliances, such as toasters may start fires if their faulty or have frayed cords. A point of power which is overloaded with double adapter plugs may generate a fire from an overusing of electricity. Also, extension cords may be fire hazards if not appropriately used. Double check all points of power and appliances in your house.